Stay with us in Chelan
The Stone House at Tunnel Hill
Live the winery life at a Chelan Landmark!
Built in 1937 with stone from the excavation of Knapp's Hill Tunnel down the road, the Stone House was home to the Rainier family for nearly 40 years. The Evans Family purchased the property in the 1970's and has spent the last few decades updating the residence. The owners, Jaclyn and Denny Evans, are long-time residents of Chelan, who operate the Sunshine Farm and Tunnel Hill Winery. While the residence has been home to many Evans Family members over the years, Tunnel Hill's historic Stone house has been completely renovated and is ready for your stay! This cozy home sleeps up to 8 guests and features outstanding lake and mountain views and even its own private golf practice area. Enjoy the vineyard view from the back deck as you sip your wine and enjoy the good life.
The Stone House sleeps up to 8 guests in 1160 sq ft of living area. The main level provides a cozy space for 1 or 2 couples or utilize the large upstairs dormer room to sleep an overall total of 8 people in beds. The lower level is generally not available for rental as it may be occasionally occupied by our quiet family guests or have its kitchen being used for winery events. In limited circumstances, however, it can be rented for an additional fee if extra bed (king size) and bathroom/shower are needed. While there are only a few stairs into the main level via the back porch, the property is wheelchair inaccessible.
- Bedroom 1 (main level): Queen bed (2 guests) with adjoining master bathroom.
- Bedroom 2 (main level): Queen bed (2 guests).
- Bedroom 3 (upper level): 4 twin/single beds (4 guests) in large dormer room with adjoining dressing area.
- Bathroom 1 (main level): Master bath adjoining bedroom 1 includes toilet, sink and combination tub/shower
- Bathroom 2 (main level): Guest bath includes sink, toilet and large tiled shower.
- Attic dorm room has sink only in dressing room.
Other living spaces
- Kitchen: The cozy kitchen includes a stove, dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave, toaster, coffee maker and small eating table. Eating utensils and some cooking equipment are also provided.
- Dining Area: Seats 8
- Living Room: 2 Large comfortable sofas, 50" flat screen tv with basic cable and dvd player available.
- Wireless internet, air conditioning/heat, washer and dryer, hair dryer, iron/ironing board.
- Towels and linens provided.
- Spacious outside deck with gas grill and picnic table has views of Lake Chelan and vineyards with access lawns and side parking area.
- Wine tasting: As guests you will receive complimentary tastings and 10% off purchases at the Tunnel Hill Winery. The Stone House is within 1 mile of 4 other wineries, with over 30 wineries/tasting rooms in the Chelan/Manson area.
- Golf: We invite you to use our private 4-acre short-game practices area - with lush green grass and gorgeous views - just above the winery. Features 6 target flags from 25 to 130 yards, three tee box areas, and an artificial-turf putting green. Irons, practice balls and shag bag provided. After warming up, choose from four world-class golf courses in the area. Bear Mountain Ranch Golf Course is only 1/2 mile away. Lake Chelan, Desert Canyon and Gamble Sands Golf Courses are within easy driving distance. Plus, putt-putt courses in downtown Chelan and at Desert Canyon Golf in Orondo.
The Stone House is located adjacent to Tunnel Hill Winery, approximately 3.5 miles west of downtown Chelan. You will be walking distance to five wineries, a gourmet restaurant, convenience store and the Sunshine Farm Market. We are located only 2 miles from Lakeside where you'll find boat and jet ski rentals, waterslides and the Lady of the Lake ferry to Stehekin. About twelve miles around on the north shore of the lake you'll find Manson and the Mill Bay Casino. Over 30 wineries with tasting rooms are in the Chelan/Manson area.
Rates and Availability
The Stone House is available for rental from April 1st until November 30th. Availability for August and September 2018 is limited. Check-in time is 4:00pm, check-out time is 11:00am. For detailed information please complete our inquiry form or contact us via email.
Spring (April 1st through mid-June; excluding Memorial Day Weekend) - $150/night for 2 people, each additional guest $25/person; 2 night minimum.
Memorial Day Weekend (Fri through Mon) - $350/night for up to 8 people; 3 night minimum.
Late June (June 14 through June 27th) - $175/night for 2 people, each additional guest $25/person; 3 night minimum.
Summer (June 28th through Labor Day Weekend) - $350/night or $2100/week for up to 8 people; 5 night minimum.
Labor Day Weekend (Fri through Mon) - $350/night for up to 8 people; 3 night minimum.
September (excluding Labor Day Weekend) - $175/night for 2 people, each additional guest $25/person; 3 night minimum.
Autumn (October & November) - $150/night for 2 people, each additional guest $25/person; 2 night minimum.
*All rentals require a $600 refundable security deposit and $150 cleaning fee. Lodging tax (2%) and State & Local Taxes (8.2%) are added to the rate. Guests are responsible for their own meals and no daily maid service is provided. Payment terms: Deposit due at time of reservation. 50% due 180 days prior to check-in, balance due 90 days prior to check-in. View our rental agreement here.